Your Biology Graduate Student Organization (BGSO) was created by a group of graduate students and officially sanctioned by the Student Activities Office in 2003. All graduate students in the Department of Biological Sciences are automatically members of the BGSO, and there are no membership fees. The BGSO board is currently comprised like a typical student organization, complete with president, vice president, treasurer, activities officers, recruitment officers, outreach officer, etc.
- To provide a forum of expression for student opinion.
- To provide a mechanism for discussion and enactment of student decisions.
- To provide for opportunities for social interaction among graduate students.
- To foster social, intellectual, and institutional links with faculty.
- To promote social, institutional, and intellectual links with graduate students in other departments.
View the BGSO Constitution here for details on policies and procedures.
March 7, 2019: Congratulations to Dr. Bridgette Drummond for successfully defending her dissertation!
Congrats to our BIOS Finalists in the 3MT Competition: Lauren Green and Kevin Sanchez! Show your support at the finals on Thursday, February 28th @ 5:00 pm in Decio Theatre.