Your Biology Graduate Student Organization (BGSO) was created by a group of graduate students and officially sanctioned by the Student Activities Office in 2003. All graduate students in the Department of Biological Sciences are automatically members of the BGSO, and there are no membership fees. The BGSO board is currently comprised like a typical student organization, complete with president, vice president, treasurer, activities officers, recruitment officers, outreach officer, etc.
- To provide a forum of expression for student opinion.
- To provide a mechanism for discussion and enactment of student decisions.
- To provide for opportunities for social interaction among graduate students.
- To foster social, intellectual, and institutional links with faculty.
- To promote social, institutional, and intellectual links with graduate students in other departments.
View the BGSO Constitution here for details on policies and procedures.
Upcoming Departmental Seminars (Summer 2022)
Upcoming BGSO Events (Summer 2022)
STEM Summer Series
Project Management, Leadership, and Mentoring
- Wednesday, July 27 | 12-1:15pm
- Wednesday, August 10 | 12-1:15pm
Register on Handshake