Your Biology Graduate Student Organization (BGSO) was created by a group of graduate students and officially sanctioned by the Student Activities Office in 2003. All graduate students in the Department of Biological Sciences are automatically members of the BGSO, and there are no membership fees. The BGSO board is currently comprised like a typical student organization, complete with president, vice president, treasurer, activities officers, recruitment officers, outreach officer, etc.
- To provide a forum of expression for student opinion.
- To provide a mechanism for discussion and enactment of student decisions.
- To provide for opportunities for social interaction among graduate students.
- To foster social, intellectual, and institutional links with faculty.
- To promote social, institutional, and intellectual links with graduate students in other departments.
View the BGSO Constitution here for details on policies and procedures.
September 13, 2021: The Archie Lab is excited to share that Mauna successfully passed her dissertation! She will be headed to the University of Pittsburgh this winter to continue her research as a postdoc. Congratulations Dr. Dasari!
September 2, 2021: The Smith Lab is excited to announce that Nina successfully passed her dissertation! Congratulations Dr. Kikel!
October 23rd: the Biology department will be teaming up with the Chemistry department for a joint tailgate at the ND vs USC!
October 28th: BGSO is hosting Dr. Gopen for a writing workshop open to all undergraduates, graduate students and postdocs! This workshop is aimed to help STEM researchers target their audience in a more concise and effective way.
Departmental Seminar (Fall 2021)
October 29: Jim Elser
November 2: Andrew Moeller
November 16: Scott Dixon