As one of the top 20 universities in the country, Notre Dame’s state-of-the-art facilities, dynamic and accomplished faculty, and research resources ensure your success in graduate studies. The integrated Department of Biological Sciences is comprised of researchers studying a diverse spectrum of areas, all united under the shared mission of advancing human and environmental health at the national and international level through excellence in education and research.
Our graduate program offers the following:
- A vibrant intellectual community with over 50 faculty members, more than 130 graduate students, and an interactive group of post-doctoral fellows and other scientific staff
- Full tuition waiver and competitive stipend to Biological Sciences graduate students
- A wide variety of fellowship opportunities, both internal and external
- Training programs tailored to the individual student
- Faculty mentors that personify excellence in teaching and research
- Exciting interdisciplinary opportunities to incorporate training in math, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, and engineering
For recent highlights of our students and faculty read the annual newsletter.
Learn more about Graduate Student Life at Notre Dame.
Contact us for more information
Department of Biological Sciences
100 Galvin Life Science Center
Notre Dame, IN 46556
Phone: (574) 631-6552