Information from Current Grad Students
To help you understand what housing options are available to Notre Dame grad students, we surveyed current students in 2017. Click here to see what they had to say!
Interested in on-campus housing?
- Single students can live in Fischer (2BR apartments)
- Married students have the option of University Village (with children) or Crepe Street (without children)
- More Info: Notre Dame Office of Housing
- South Bend and the surrounding area have a variety of apartment rental options
- Search Craigslist
- Additional information about living in South Bend
- Information about the neighboring City of Mishawaka
Thinking about buying a home?
- Real estate is surprisingly affordable in South Bend! Compare typical mortgages ($500-$800 per month) with apartment rental costs to see if this is an option for you.
- You can search Trulia and Zillow.
TIP: Watch for posts on the ND Graduate Students-Biologists and Biochemists Facebook group for opportunities to room with fellow grad students or to buy/rent homes they are moving out of. Contact the webmaster for more info on housing.